Woo! Our big summer bash is only two weeks away now, which means my crazy anal self is planning every single detail! It seems like we are going to have a BIG showing and I am so excited for it. We invited about 80 people and so far we have 64 confirmed and a few “most likely” — the invitee list ranges from 2 weeks old (Greg’s cousin’s newborn twins) to two 95-year-olds (my grandfather and Greg’s grandmother!) — so we literally have ALL ages coming and it’s hard to think of/ plan activities for everyone. I’m writing my current to do / to buy list here so I remember the first big party we threw at our house and how it all came together.
- Meatballs (my mom is bringing in slow cooker)
- Pulled Pork (Greg’s mom is bringing in slow cooker)
- Chicken Tenders & Sauces
- Mini Sandwiches (Ham, Turkey, Roast Beef & cheeses)
- Mexican Dip
- Buffalo Dip
- Artichoke Dip (looking for a recipe?)
- Fruit Kebobs
- Keilbasa & Pineapple
- Pasta Salad
- Chips / Pretzels / Popcorn / Peanuts (in the shells like at baseball games!)
- *Also will have a few hot dogs and hamburgers for kids and/or anyone else who doesn’t like the other stuff, but I’m sorry – who wouldn’t?!*
- Funfetti Cupcakes
- Hoodsie cups (if you don’t know what these are, then you aren’t from New England, google it – they are amazing)
- Klondike Bars
- Popcicles / Fudgecicles
- Two people also offered to bring desserts
- Juice Boxes
The Fun for the Adults
- Bag Toss
- Horse Shoe
- Whiffle Ball
The Fun for the Kids
- Balls of many shapes and sizes
Must also buy
- Bug Spray
I am sure I am forgetting things — please help me out so I’m not scrambling the day before!
WOAH! That is insane. I am so excited about it though! WOOOOHOOO!!!!!
PS – My computer bought the farm on Friday afternoon and I am waiting til this weekend to go buy my new computer because it is tax free weekend here in Mass – but I’m SO happy to say I am getting a Mac!!!!!