We’ve gotten all the questions:
When are you due?
- End of August (yes, it will be a long, hot summer, thanks for reminding me!)
How far along are you? (people can’t do math!)
- 5 months (On Sunday!), 4 to go.
How are you feeling?
- Great and very very lucky for that!
Are you going to find out the gender?
- Yes, we did a few weeks ago, it’s a BOY!
Have you started on the nursery?
- Umm nope, lots of ideas but nothing started just yet, slackers.
Do you have names picked out?!
- Not yet, we have a few, but even when we decide – we aren’t telling people.
And the questions stop.
Yeah, we aren’t sharing our baby names. We ‘ruined’ the surprise of the gender, so we want to keep something a mystery. We also want to keep the name out of the top 100 baby names, preferably out of the top 200 … we aren’t looking for anything too crazy like Sunshine or Apple or the like — but something unique. Our last name is pretty basic so our baby needs a little pizazz! We’ve been spending a LOT of time on the Social Security website — http://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/ — it’s AWESOME! Enjoy wasting your afternoon there.
Edited to add: Do you have any real pregnancy questions for me? I am in no way shape or form an expert and have done little in terms of research etc, but if you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask!